Sidney C. Walker
Sidney C. Walker


Home

Click Here To Subscribe to Sid Walker's FREE eNewsletter and get a FREE eBook & 3 FREE Teleseminars

Click Here To View & Purchase Books & CDs by Sid Walker

– Individual –
Coaching

Articles &
Book Reviews

Recommended
Reading List

Biography

Featured Links

Customer Service

View Shopping Cart

Trust Your Gut
Book Website

 

 

 

September 2008

Are You Doing Enough Networking?
by Sidney C. Walker

 


I recently attended the National Convention for Send Out Cards in Salt Lake City which was incredible. They had many great speakers, one of which was Dr. Ivan Isner who started the BNI networking groups in 1985. Here are some tips on networking I got from his presentation.
 

 

There is a theory that we are all connected by six degrees of separation. Someone you know is likely to know someone I know, that kind of thing. The reality is that this is not true for all people. The research shows that only 29% of the people are connected at that level. The other 71% are not connected.

 

 

Networking is a skill. It can be learned.

 

 

You have to block out time to network. Good networkers spend 8 hours a week at it!

 

 

Building relationships is farming not hunting.

 

 

Give to others first. Finding ways to help others is what creates the relationship. Asking for referrals up front before you have a relationship is what he calls “coin-operated networking,” it doesn’t work.

 

 

When you meet people, ask them questions. Here are two examples: “What is your biggest challenge?” (If you know their biggest challenge, you are in a better position to be able to help them!) “What is a good referral for you?”

 

 

Profile your perfect client. Be specific when you are asking for referrals, people will add their own general filter to it.

 

 

Diversify your contacts, you never know who knows who.

 

 

Get out of your cave and meet people! You drive to work in a cave. You work in a cave. You go home to your cave at night. Networking is a contact sport. It is belly to belly.

 

 

Refuse to participate in a down economy! We have one every 6-8 years.

 

SPECIAL REPORT: HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT COACH: I have written a special report on how to pick the right coach as a relationship-builder. If you know someone who is considering hiring a coach and is more of a relationship builder than a “client-controller,” be sure they read this short report. Here is the link: www.sidwalker.com/pickcoach.pdf.

Have a prosperous month
,

Toll-free: 877-985-3297
sid@sidwalker.com
pat@sidwalker.com

SidWalker.com - Coaching info, buy books, eBooks, CDs
TrustYourGut.info - How to "get on a roll" selling financial services.
SellingWithoutWrestling.com - Free preview of Sales Training
SellingWithoutWrestling.com/info
- Detailed Sales Training description
SendOutCards.com/SidWalker - Custom greeting cards below cost.

Sales Performance Coach to Financial Advisors

 

 


Home  |  Get Free eNewsletter, eBook & Teleseminars  |  Buy Books & CDs by Sid Walker

  Individual Coaching  |  Articles & Book Reviews  |  Recommended Reading  |  Biography  |  Privacy Policy

Customer Service  |  Featured Links  |  View Shopping Cart  |  Trust Your Gut Website



Santa Fe  ·  New Mexico  ·  USA
Phone: 505-318-1055  ·  Sid@SidWalker.com

Copyright © 2017 Sidney C Walker.  All rights reserved.